Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pityriasis Rosea

We finally got the results of my IgM and IgG antibodies last Tuesday. We were so relieved to see that my antibodies were high and i was not recently exposed to Rubella. We sent the results via SMS to Dra. Caras, my OB, and she said that it is a good result and it means i am protected against Rubella. Whew! Hubby and I immediately said our thanksgiving prayers. Thank you Lord!

It was also my follow up check up that afternoon to Dra. Diaz, my dermatologist. Upon seeing the results of my IgG and IgM tests, and checking my rashes, which was lesser that day, she concluded that it was Pityriasis Rosea (PR). My concern is that it might be bad for the baby and she assured me that it is not. I did not bother to tell her about the articles i read about PR affecting pregnancy. I decided to hold on to what she said and relax.

It's been almost a week since my rashes appeared. I still have some marks in my arms and legs but they are much lesser now. Some articles said that PR sometimes lasts for months. I am lucky mine is not that noticeable anymore and it was not itchy as compared to others who had it. I hope it will continue to disappear in the coming days.

All praises to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment